Wednesday 26 January 2011

Latest Little Handfuls for 2011

Hi All

Well I promised pics of the new work, so here is Ferdinand and the Shapees (sounds like a strange little band!).

I was given a needle felting book for christmas, all written in Japanese so I have no idea what most of it says, but they make a button jointed bear with smaller feet than my usual so I decided to try that! Result, Ferdinand. He is felted in a lovely natural Romney wool in nice creamy shades.


He has sewn on paw pads, random stitched.

He wears vintage bells around his neck

His buttons are all different, just similar size.
Then there are the Shapees - Shape Ees. I wanted to make something for the upcoming shows that could be picked up by kids or people looking for something other than bears. I decided a range of animals made around the basis of a shape would be kinda fun. So far I have a cube cat and a pyramid mouse.
Cubey Kitty turned out pretty well!
Pyramouse might get some feet or something still.



Hope you enjoyed popping by. I intend to make a bunch more things over the next few months as I won't have time to make much after that. Also, I'm expecting to do a really big show in July, right before I start studying! This is a 3 day show with thousands of visitors so I need heaps on the table! :o) Keep you posted!










5 comments:

ViviBijoux said...

I love Ferdinand and the black and brown theme. His nose is really cute! I always look forward to your next creations, Hope to purchase my own little handful mini Bear one day ^_^ Virginie vivibijoux.com

Anula said...

Im first :).Your bears are so sweet.Beautifully sculpted

softearthart said...

Hi, this little jointed bear looks so sweet, cheers Marie

Heather said...

So nice to see a new post! I love to come and snoop at your creations, they are so darling! I have caught myself coveting things many times, but have turned back and not bought anything. Well, I don't know if I can hold off anymore - Ferdinand has to be a favourite so far and I may just have to buy him (if he's for sale). I love the primitive stitching and the tiny bells are perfect! Thank you so much for sharing, now I am off to see if I can find him in your store!

Liza, creator of Little Handfuls Mini Bears said...

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your kind words. I don't know if you will get to read this and wish I could just reply to each of your comments! But I do appreciate your continued support of my work!

Beary hugs,
Liza