Tuesday 14 December 2010

It's almost Christmas!

Hi Everyone!

Well the day job is very much getting in the way of my creative juices! I have some pics to show you of my last 2 creations, but they were made ages ago and I just hadn't had time to upload them for you!

Binky Bunny is needle felted from a gorgeous multi plum coloured romney wool
He has pink toes and a polymer clay nose which I painted to match! :o)

Delilah took forever to make, she ended up rather big and was felted from merino x batts which I find take a lot longer to felt down!

I'm really pleased with how she turned out tho, the Living Felt batts come in such great colours, I used them for her toe pads etc too!

She is about 4.5 inches tall, rather big for me, but she feels so great to hold, a nice chunky bear! I'm really pleased with her. The colouring isn't nearly as bright as the pictures suggest, it's a much deeper colour!
So apart from these fine creations, I have done 1 christmas decoration and one santa head decoration. And I have yet to take pics of the little bear I made while sitting on my tush at the last show! Must do that!
I'm heading into withdrawal territory as I am not home much at the moment and I'm itching to get my hands on something new and wonderful. But should really be planning my creations for presents, don't feel like plannin, feel like freelancin! lol
Hope you are all enjoying the build up to christmas. If I weren't in retail I might enjoy it more, but we don't get much time to think this time of year, earning extra money but no time to spend it! Guess it's late night shopping for me! Catch you again soon!

1 comment:

ViviBijoux said...

Ohhh Delilah is such a cutie! I can wait to have more time to tackle my mohair bear, talked about it on the blog. You're so talented. Always enjoy looking at your new creations ^_^ Virginie vivibijoux.com