Tuesday 15 May 2007

Only Days to Go!!




Wow, it's Tuesday already and on Friday my gorgeous friend Ruth will be arriving to whisk me off to set up for the show!

It really has gone quickly, doesn't seem long since it was 6 mths to go. And surprise of surprises, I was asked how many bears I have for the show today, and I had been aiming for 50. So I went to check how many are on my master list, and lo and behold, I have almost 70!!! How the heck did that happen. Only weeks ago I was lamenting that I only had 40.




Now, I can't say that I have managed to make 30 bears in just a few weeks. I know that I have fished a few older bears out of the dusty boxes where they were banished too, and fixed them up so they are more presentable. Plus there were a few I hadn't counted, but still, I have done really well these last weeks.

The picture above is of Bilbo, he is felted from a really fine wool, I would guess it was Merino as it was awful to felt, but I loved the colours so was worth the work. He turned out so well! One of my new favourites!!



Below is Peaches! Isn't she gorgeous!!! I got this goose egg box and just had to make something super special for it! She is wearing a wee tutu and has the sweetest wee bent limbs. I mixed the wool myself, it has white merino (yes I know, but I used it anyway as it was soooooo nice and white) a gorgeous misty rust, and a peach both hand dyed.






Well, I have lots I could show you but need to go make dinner! I knowww, a mothers work is never done! And I already spent the day vaccuming, mopping and doing laundry! Sheesh!!

Have a great day all

Huggles

Liza

2 comments:

Kaz (Freckle's Heart Mini's) said...

COOL Blog Liza! Aren't they FUN! I looooove your bearies, just sooo SWEET!!

Toodles!
Kaz
o(-Y-)o

Hello! said...

Ooooh... I love the beary inside the egg! So precious!

hugs,

Gaia