Friday 14 May 2010

ONE MORE SLEEP!!

Hey Folks!
Thanks for dropping by! If you haven't noticed I'm a little bit jazzed about the show which is starting tomorrow! Have to set up this afternoon so it's pretty much 3 days of me bouncing about with glee! lol I didn't sell very well at last years show, which got me down a bit by the end of the weekend. But it's so much fun just being there, chatting to like minded people, meeting folks who love your work and not having to worry about dishes, laundry or feeding small children for a few hours! :o)

I will probably be disappointed if it's a slow one again this year, I have gone into it thinking this is my last time if things don't pick up. Very expensive to be there, local markets are cheaper and I did sell well at the last one of those I went to..........hmmmmmmm. So hard to decide! But hey, really it's just once a year!!

So on that happier note, here is a little of my latest works....


I'm lovin this little guy, Pookie is felted from Merino Cross batts that I got from Living Felt online store! Totally recommend them, they felt well and have great colours! He's so sweet!!

Ocean! What can I say, he has the most photogenic face I've created in ages! I just love the way his pics came out. Funny because I wasn't that enamoured with him before hand!

He looks such a rascal, felted in the same batts as Pookie, the blue greens are gorg!!


Latest brainwave! Momiji dolls! I read of a challenge in one of my online felting groups, Kawaii Critters! So had to find out what style Kawaii was and came across these, made of wood and with a little message inside traditionally. But they felt up great and my students are dying to make them for their last project this term! I can't wait to see what they come up with!



Prototype Momiji! She's way too big for the girls in class to make, but having trouble doing them smaller! :o) She's the best so far!


Well, that's about it from me. Just dropped off the bears that are below for their judging in the Comps! Wished them luck and sent them on their way! I do hold great hopes for my hippo as I am really pleased with how she turned out! That bottom jaw is fab! Not to mention the outfit!
Will drop by again after the show and let you know how it all went! Hope you are still awake, knock knock!! (Told you I can waffle Vee! lol)
Happy crafting!!

3 comments:

~da tigger~ said...

Good luck for this weekend Liza.. both with sales and the competitions!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Hope it turns out better for you this year than last year. :-)

Heather said...

I've loved all your tiny creations since I first saw them and am excited for you to be in a show! I hope it goes well for you this year! I recently bought a felting "kit" and a bear making book, but am too intimidated to try it. I don't want to "mess us". Have a great weekend!

Roscia said...

Hope all went well at the show! Your creations are really cute.